Our approach to the application process is mission-based and holistic. We do not have a specific USMLE Step score cut off nor do we use any filters to narrow the applicant pool prior to review. All applications are reviewed. We appreciate that everyone comes from different backgrounds with unique life experiences and we take the whole person into consideration.
- Application materials must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Application Deadline: November 30th
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. For your application to be considered complete, we must receive all required materials no later than November 30th.
A complete application consists of:
- Completed ERAS Application
- NRMP number
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) "Dean's letter"
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- USMLE Transcipt
USMLE Step 1 must be taken before application with a passing score (no minimum cut-off)
USMLE Step 2 is not required prior to application but it must be taken before the match
COMLEX scores will not be considered in place of USMLE
- Graduation from medical school anticipated for 2021, or if graduated prior to 2020, participation in a US accredited residency or fellowship program, or other postgraduate education program.
- International students must have Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification.
- Please note that our institution will only sponsor J-1 visas.
Due to COVID-19, all interviews will be held virtually this academic year. We send interview invitations via email through ERAS, and schedule interviews through the ERAS system. We will conduct interviews from mid-November through January.
Pediatric Residency Training Program
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital/
Columbia University Irving Medical Center
630 West 168th Street, CHN-517
New York, New York 10032
Contact E-mail: email@example.com