Clinical Ethics Resources
For access to clinical ethics resources, including ethics consultations, at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York and the Sloane Hospital for Women:
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Ethics: This website provides information (including contact information) for ethics consultations (pediatric as well as adult) at the Children’s Hospital of New York and Columbia University Irving Medical Center
General Ethics Resources
For publicly accessible educational content on women and children’s bioethics:
- AMA Journal of Ethics: An excellent open-access resource for educational articles across a range of commonly encountered clinical ethical problems.
- Bioethics.net: Current bioethics blog, news, events and publications published by the American Journal of Bioethics.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Bioethics: The Section on Bioethics includes a case-based modular curriculum for residency and fellowship training programs.
- American Society of Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH): The premiere bioethics organization in the U.S. The website resources include PDFs of guidelines and standards that were written by ASBH members which are free to the public for download and information regarding the certification process for clinical ethics consultants.
- Children’s Mercy Center for Bioethics: This website for one of the first pediatric ethics programs in the U.S. has a wealth of educational content with public access
- Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics at Seattle Children’s Hospital: This website for one of the premiere pediatric ethics programs in the U.S. has a wealth of educational content with public access.
- Voices in Bioethics: An online journal published by the Columbia University Masters in Bioethics Program