Members of the Center for Children’s Digital Health Research benefit from an affiliation with the Center for grant submissions, access to the Center’s listserv including relevant articles and grant RFAs, opportunities to meet with and invite visiting speakers, and engagement in retreats for new members.
Research interests of current Center members include:
- using AI to understand and impact healthcare behavioral decisionmaking
- digital technologies to promote breastfeeding
- multi-level interventions that use health information technology during pregnancy, infancy, and early childhood to prevent childhood obesity and chronic diseases
- applying scalable information retrieval and text processing methods on clinical data in order to build applications that will support both health professionals and researchers
- using informatics tools and epidemiologic methods to prevent antibiotic resistance through appropriate antibiotic use, and for surveillance and prevention of infections
- designing and testing innovative and engaging digital health platforms that implementable in the ED and that improve adolescent reproductive health outcomes
- using informatics approaches to improve implementation of team-based care in mental health and other arenas
- using health IT to impact patient safety
- the intersection of digital media and pediatric education
- disaster preparedness/response
- using digital menstrual health to study the cause of breast cancer and the dissemination and implementation of the latest cancer science.
We encourage the following members of the Columbia University community to join membership: faculty and research scientists who are engaged in child digital health research or implementation and advanced doctoral students or postdoctoral (including clinical) fellows who work with Center faculty.
If interested in becoming a Center member, email us at: email@example.com, or visit us in the Columbia University Medical Center’s Georgian building, Suite 115.