Joel E. Lavine, MD, PhD
Dr. Lavine is Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Lavine earned his doctorate in molecular biology in 1980 at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego, in 1984. He trained as a resident in Pediatrics and a fellow in pediatric gastroenterology at the University of California, San Francisco. He went on to join the faculties as an Assistant Professor at the University of California, San Francisco, and then Harvard Medical School before becoming Professor and Vice-Chairman for 15 years at the University of California, San Diego. He also served as Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition there for 15 years.
- Professor of Pediatrics (in the Institute of Human Nutrition)
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- 1984 University of California School of Medicine
- Residency: University of California-San Francisco Medical Center
- Residency: 1986 University Of California At San Francisco
- Fellowship: University of California-San Francisco Medical Center
- Fellowship: 1989 University Of California At San Francisco