Carrie M. Brownstein, MD
Carrie M. Brownstein, MD specializes in the care of children and adolescents with cancer, especially those with leukemia or lymphoma. As a member of the voluntary faculty at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, she sees patients every other week in addition to working in clinical drug development in the pharmaceutical industry.
Dr. Brownstein was attracted to the field of hematology/oncology early on in medical school after one of her first classes-a hematology course-was taught by a professor who is world-renowned in the field. She found diseases of the bone marrow to be fascinating, drawing her to a specialization in hematologic cancers such as leukemia and lymphoma.
Dr. Brownstein also works in clinical drug development, potentially creating transformative, new medications to patients.
Dr. Brownstein recognizes how important it is to understand the molecular and genetic basis of cancer in order to identify more effective therapies. She and her team would like to move more innovative targeted therapies into clinical trials for children with cancer, potentially enabling them to benefit from these promising new treatments.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Pediatric Leukemia
- Pediatric Lymphomas
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Health Net (PHS)
Oxford Health Plans
- Freedom PPO
- Liberty PPO
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology